- Juvenile Court
Welcome to the Paulding County Juvenile Court. This website will enable you to become aware of various resources and services available to you through this office.
The Paulding County Juvenile Court is organized under Chapter 11 of Title 15 of the Official Code of Georgia.
Jurisdiction & Function
The Court is dedicated to serving the children and families of Paulding County. The Court has jurisdiction over most children under the age of 17 who are charged with violating any law or are deemed runaways, ungovernable, or beyond parental control.
The Court also hears all cases involving allegations of abuse or neglect of children under the age of 18 who are residents of, or present in, Paulding County.
COURT APPOINTED ATTORNEY
As to Delinquency or CHINS cases (child that has pending charges). we encourage parties to either apply for a Public Defender or hire your own Attorney. If you have questions about how to apply, you contact the Public Defenders Office at 770-443-3463 . If you want to go ahead and fill an application out. You may click on the link that is provided.. DocumentCenter/View/9947
As to Dependency cases, (child who has experienced abuse or neglect), you may apply to the courts for a court appointed attorney. The financial Affidavit is on our website, you may Email clerks office or mail it to 280 Constitution Blvd, Room 2106, Dallas, Georgia 30132.
Upon submission of a financial affidavit, you are required to submit the five most recent check stubs, W-2 form or bank statement showing your income.
- Under these unprecedented times, dropping your payment in the mail is a good way to go. We accept money orders only. In addition, before you get your money order please contact the clerk’s office for the discounted rate. The money order needs to be made out to Paulding County Juvenile Court. If you have taken the Defensive Driver's Course please send the certificate in with the payment
- Mailing Address: Paulding County Juvenile Court- 280 Constitution Blvd. Room: 2106 Dallas, Georgia 30132 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- All dependency cases (a child who has experienced abuse or neglect) continued to be virtual. hearings. If you would like to have an in person, you may request your hearing to be an in-person hearing.
- All delinquency, traffic, or CHINS cases (a child with pending charges) are now in-person hearings.
Please make sure Juvenile Court has your correct phone number, mailing address, and email address so that you will receive notification of your court date. You may contact the Clerks office at 770-443-7532 or email us at JuvenileClerks@paulding.gov
Attorney, if your client provides their email address to the clerk's office. We will include you and your clients on the certificate of service for the order-setting hearing.
Forms Accepted in our office
- CHINS complaint.
- Financial Affidavit For Dependency, Termination, Legitimation or Private Cases
- Records Request Form
- Criminal Background Check Form
- Financial Affidavit NEW 2020- PDF-fillable
- Delinquency Complaint
- Dependency Complaint
- Private Dependency Packet
- Finanical Affidavit for Delinquent or CHINS
Judge Carolyn Altman
Associate Judge Keegan Gary
Alicia Jacobs, Chief Clerk
|Treatment Service Coordinator||Erica Jordan||678-224-4249|
|Legal Assistant for
|Law Clerk||Kimberly Mullins||770-443--7532 Ext. 6|
|Senior Deputy Clerk
In Court Clerk
|Juvenile Court Contacts|
|CHINS (Children In Need of Services)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Conflicts and Leave of Absenceemail@example.com|
|To Contact Judge Altman
|To contact the Clerk's office||juvenileClerks@paulding.gov|