Paulding County Probate Court processes and disposes of misdemeanor traffic citations for Paulding County.  If you received a ticket from the police in the city limits of Hiram or the city limits of Dallas your citation will be handled in those city municipal courts.  Check your citation and make sure it is for Paulding County Probate Court.

Please call our office at any time if you have questions about your traffic citation.


Do I need a lawyer?

Anytime that you are cited with a traffic violation you have the right to have an attorney represent you. It is recommended that you consult with an attorney about your citation(s) and your rights.  Some traffic citations can result in the suspension of your driver’s license.  It is strongly recommended that you speak with or retain an attorney if your driver’s license is in peril of being suspended.  Some people dispose of their traffic citation without the assistance of an attorney by simply paying the fine associated with their traffic citation.  


What if I cannot afford a lawyer?

The Paulding County Probate Court has an application available to apply for a court appointed attorney.  If you cannot afford to hire an attorney you may apply through our office.  You will need to obtain an application from our office and provide the information required to evaluate your application for approval.  If your application is approved you will be appointed an attorney to represent you on your pending citation(s) in court.


Can I pay my ticket prior to my court date?

Most likely. However, it depends on the type of citation you received and your age.

For instance, anyone under the age of 21 at the time you received any citation, MUST APPEAR at Court and cannot pay online, mail, or pay in person before your court date.

Also, if you have been arrested (and bonded out) for any traffic offense you must appear at your designated court date.

If you have any doubt about whether you must appear at Court or if you can just simply pay your citation without appearing at court, please call our office at any time.


What is the website for paying my fine?

It is helpful to have your citation number(s).


Can I mail payment to the court to pay my citation fine?

Yes, if your citation can be paid without a court appearance.

Payment must be a money order only if mailed.

Payable to: Paulding County Probate Court

Mailed to: 280 Constitution Blvd., Room 2009, Dallas, GA 30132

No personal checks are accepted.


Can I come into the Probate Court office and pay my fine?

Yes, if your citation can be paid without a court appearance.

Payment can be, money order, cash, credit/debit card.

Credit and debit card payments have an additional processing fee of 4.5% assessed by the debit/card credit company added to your total payment.

No personal checks are accepted.

Spanish Interpretation

A Spanish speaking interpreter is available at all traffic court arraignments and bench trials.

Un interprete de español está disponible para todas las instrucciones de cargos de tráfico y juicios sin jurado de la Corte Testamentaria. Todos los formularios de la corte están disponibles en español.

Traffic Citation Payment Methods

For information, please view the payments page.

Drivers License Status

If you would like to check on the status of your drivers license (i.e., suspension, points, etc.), please call the Georgia Department of Driver Services at 678-413-8400.