Sex Offender Registration Requirements
Georgia Sex Offender Registry
ATTENTION "SCAM ALERT" We have received several reports of a scam involving offenders listed on the Sex Offender Registry to obtain money and gift cards. Scammers claim to be law enforcement, and state that they have warrants for the offender's arrest if they do not provide a DNA sample and pay a fine. DO NOT give these individuals any information over the phone. Law enforcement agencies will not attempt to collect any form of payment over the phone. Hang up and call the Paulding County Sheriff's Office at (770) 443-3010 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org .
Convicted Sex Offenders are required to register with the Paulding County Sheriff’s Office Crimes Against Children Unit within 72 hours of moving to Paulding County. Sex Offenders are tracked by the Paulding County Sheriff's Office and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.
Sex Offenders registering must submit and comply with the following requirements:
- Physical Address that meets the 1,000 foot rule from Daycares, Churches, Schools and areas where minors congregate.
- Any secondary temporary address.
- Phone number both home and cell numbers
- Vessel Information
- Vehicle Information
- Employment information (Company, Address, Phone number and Supervisor)
- Spouse and Family information
- Photo ID
- Previous registration information
- Computer WEB E-mails, passwords, usernames
Failure by a Convicted Sex Offender to comply with the requirement above or any additional requirements in his or her probation or parole demands may result in criminal warrants and subsequent arrest.