What to expect when you enter the Courthouse
- Deputies staff the metal detectors and the x-ray machine at the main entrance of the Paulding County Courthouse and provide general security for the court complex.
- Deputies also staff a video surveillance system that oversees every aspect of the Watson Government Complex.
- All individuals entering the Paulding County Courthouse will be required to walk through the metal detector*.
What Items have to be removed and scanned by the x-ray machine?
- Any items containing foil (candy, gum, etc.)
- Cellular Phones
- Metal Belt Buckles
Other pertinent information
- If you still activate the metal detector once all the aforementioned items have been removed from your person and pockets, you may be scanned with a metal detector wand.
- All bags, purses, satchels, cases and umbrellas have to be scanned by x-ray machine, no exceptions.
- Please advise Deputies if you are wearing steel toed shoes.
*Please advise Deputies if you have a medical condition that prohibits you from walking through a metal detector (Please have Medical Alert Card available).