- Public Safety
- Sheriff's Office
- Public Information
- Citizen Handgun Safety Class
Citizen Handgun Safety Class
The Paulding County Sheriff's Office offers a Citizen Handgun Safety class to Paulding County residents and Paulding County business owners throughout the year. The purpose of this class is to educate and instruct civilians on the proper use, safety, and laws regarding firearms. We try to keep the class size at a maximum of 15 participants so there are enough certified firearms instructors to give each individual one-on-one attention.
- You must provide your own handgun and ammunition. We DO NOT have ammunition for sale
- No long guns will be permitted
- You must be 21 years of age or older
- You must pass a background check
- You must not have any Felony convictions
- You must not have any Misdemeanor convictions for Domestic Violence
- You must not have a Misdemeanor drug conviction within the past 2 years
What Will You Learn?
- Cleaning and maintenance
- Georgia firearm carry laws
- Handgun safety
- How your weapon functions
- Proper shooting techniques
You will get an opportunity to practice with your weapon. Ballistic Vest, Ear Protection, and Eye Protection will be provided.
How Do You Register?
In order to register for the Citizens Handgun Safety Class you will need to come to the Paulding County Sheriff's Office (Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM) to fill out a registration form, background check, and liability waiver. Once you are selected to attend the course, you will be contacted by telephone and given your class date. Classes will take place on Saturday mornings from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
If you have any questions, please contact the Paulding County Sheriff's Office Training Division at 770-443-7630.
Each class will take place at the Paulding County Sheriff's Office Training Center which is located at:
Paulding County Sheriff's Office Training Center
284 Dallas Industrial Drive
Dallas, GA 30132