The Georgia Law provides property owners the opportunity to furnish relevant information about their property via the Real Property Tax Return. Returns must be filed with the Tax Assessors Office by April 1 each year.
Returns should be filed for the following:
· A change in ownership occurred during 2020
· A change occurred during 2020 that would affect the value of your property such as building or demolishing a house, remodeling, adding pools and decks, etc.
· A change of address has occurred
· A request to split or combine parcels; and/or
· A request for the Tax Assessors to review the assessed value of your property.
The Board of Tax Assessors is responsible for handling the following applications:
· Homestead Exemption
· Preferential Agriculture Assessment
· Conservation Use
. Georgia Forest Land Protection Act
These applications must be filed by April 1, 2021.
In addition to the Real Property Return, the following Personal Property Reporting Forms must be submitted to the Board of Tax Assessors Office between January 1, 2021 and April 1, 2021 for the identification of all such assets:
Freeport Exemption forms should be filed at the Tax Assessors Office by April 1, 2021 to receive 100% exemption.
For more information concerning any of the information listed above please visit our website at www.paulding.gov or contact us by phone at 770-443-7606.
PAULDING COUNTY BOARD OF TAX ASSESSORS
240 Constitution Blvd. Room 3082
Dallas, GA 30132