(1) Full Time Position Available
This position is responsible for coordinating and implementing all therapeutic programs for the Department. The duties include coordinating the special education programs and all therapeutic programs designed to meet the recreational needs of those who are physically and mentally challenged.
*requires some nights and weekends*
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
• Bachelor’s Degree in therapeutic recreation; with1-2 years of experience therapeutic recreation in a similar sized department or a related area. Must have current CPR and First Aid Certification.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NOTE: Sign up for "Job Alerts" for the Parks & Recreation Department to receive notification when this job has been filled.