(1) Part Time Position Available:
***Up to 29 hours weekly/May require some nights and weekends. ***
This position is responsible for working with the County Extension Agent in planning, developing, and conducting one of several county-sponsored programs and performs duties necessary to assist the County Extension Agent in the day to day conduct of programs. The position includes responsible, supervisory, paraprofessional work and involves the supervision of tasks necessary in planning, developing and directing these educational programs.
*Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
*Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
* Must have a valid Georgia driver's license and reliable personal transportation.
* Ability to relate effectively to young people and adults.
* Extensive knowledge and experience in the program area of responsibility.
* Knowledge of interests and behavior of the program participants.
* Skill in planning a variety of programs for the target audiences.
* Ability to successfully complete 4H Risk Management Training, County and UGA background screening process and pass a drug screen.
* Proficiency in current word processing and data management software programs (Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel).
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
* Graduation from a two year college or vocation/training school with course emphasis in human relations and/or youth development or other relevant subject matter and experience in program planning; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
ILLUSTRATIVE NATURE OF WORK:
* Plans, organizes, schedules and conducts a variety of program activities and events, including in-school, after school and weekend 4H club meetings and youth activities.
* Teaches and supervises youth in classrooms and at events.
* Supervises and transports youth at events, activities and field trips.
* Serves in a training role for volunteer leaders by providing them with program ideas and materials.
* Attends local, district and state program activities and events in the place of the County Extension Agent.
* Physical Demands: Light to medium lifting and program setup up to 40 pounds.
* Normal work hours are 8-5 M-F, but does require some occasional nights and weekends.
How to Apply for a Job with Paulding County:
Employment applications will only be accepted for currently posted vacancies. Please do not submit a general application for an unknown position; it will not be considered. Applicants must submit a Paulding County Application for Employment and must specify the position of interest. Applicants may submit a resume to supplement the application, but resumes alone will not be accepted. Applications may be faxed to (770) 443-7558 or dropped by or mailed to the Paulding County Board of Commissioners, Human Resources Department, 240 Constitution Blvd., Dallas, GA 30132. Applications must be received by the closing date to be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer