FOR THE PAULDING COUNTY PROBATE COURT COVID19 HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDLINES PLEASE CLICK HERE.
THIS OFFICE IS ADHERING TO THE SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES SET FORTH BY THE CDC.
IF YOUR CITATION QUALIFIES AND YOU WISH TO PAY YOUR CITATION PLEASE MAIL PAYMENT VIA MONEY ORDER OR CASHIER’S CHECK TO PAULDING COUNTY PROBATE COURT, 280 CONSTITUTION BOULEVARD, ROOM 2009, DALLAS, GA 30132 OR YOU MAY OPT TO PAY ONLINE AT www.ezcourtpay.com OR CALL 1-800-262-0128; A CONVENIENCE FEE WILL APPLY.
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, APPLICATIONS FOR A GEORGIA WEAPONS CARRY LICENSE WILL BE TAKEN BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 8:00AM-4:30PM.
CONTACT THIS OFFICE AT 770-443-7541 IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
The office of the Probate Court performs many functions including, but not limited to:
- Administering traffic citations
- Issuing marriage licenses, Georgia weapons carry license, and fireworks display permits
- Maintaining vital records
- Probate procedures such as probate of wills, administrations, and guardianships of minors and adults
The following is more detailed information regarding these matters. Please do not hesitate to contact our office for further information.
Probate Court has exclusive jurisdiction over the:
- Administration of estates
- Applications for year’s support awards
- Permanent guardianship and conservatorship over minor and adult wards
- Probate of wills
- Temporary guardianships of minors
There are filing fees associated with all petitions and these fees are due upon filing the petition. Once the proper paperwork is filed and the fees are paid, you will be notified of a date and time to appear before the Judge to have your petition heard.
Forms for these procedures and additional information are available in the office or online.
Many matters of law are quite complex and may require special knowledge of legal principles and procedures. If you have a problem involving the interpretation of the law, we suggest you contact an attorney licensed in the State of Georgia. Although we cannot recommend a specific attorney, you may contact the Paulding County Bar.
Estate records can be searched and viewed.